Sunday, March 9, 2008

Uintahs Weekend

This past weekend started out pretty rough with a trip to the doctor for my four-month checkup and immunizations. The good news is that I weigh exactly 10 pounds more than I did at birth (15 lbs 15 oz), and I'm right around the 50th percentile in weight and length for my age. Mommy says it's sometimes good to be average. The bad news is I had to get four separate shots. OUCH! Thank goodness for Baby Tylenol.

Despite the traumatic start to my day I enjoyed the car ride to Bear Lake and Evanston and on to the Greens' cozy new Cabin in the Uintah Mountains. Joel and Kathy and Braden Green were great hosts and I did lots of really exciting stuff! Mommy and I got to ride to the cabin with Alan (and Braden and Reagan) in a noisy and bumpy but toasty-warm 1960s-era snowcat. Joel and Kathy and Brandon brought all of our food and gear up to the cabin with snowmobiles. I even got to ride a snowmobile to and from Alan and Angela's cabin on Saturday night. The adults enjoyed a gourmet dinner and when I wasn't crying I played with Braden and my cute new 3-year-old girlfriend Reagan. I had my ups and downs all weekend but for the most part we all had a really nice time. It snowed gently on and off, and the view of the trees and mountains framed by the big cabin windows was beautiful. Thanks again, Greenies!

No comments: