Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Great Backyard Games of 2008

We had a ton of fun this weekend with many friends who traveled from near and far to play ping-pong (and Cornhole and Horseshoes and Bocce) in the first annual "Beers and Balls" Ping Pong Championship. I got to see many old friends of mine and meet a few new ones, both 2- and 4-legged, which of course made me smile a lot. Chris Koerth (Murray, UT) was the Singles Tournament Champion, so he got the coveted red satin jacket. Laik's mom and dad (Brad & Raecale Stull, Smithfield, UT) dominated in the doubles category, but all they got was bragging rights.
Raecale and Laik play with me on the swing

Paula and Tom love me lots

Bailey (5-month-old Mastiff puppy) and I get acquainted

Super-Dad Brad and me

Chillin' with Chris (the Champion!)

Hey - check me out with the hot babe! Jackie and I hit it off big time.

Laik brought his sprinkler toy for us to play in. I gotta get me one of them!

Laik and me playing together on the exersaucer.

The 2008 Champion sports a well-deserved and hard-earned jacket. If he looks a little tired it's because the competition was so fierce and because it didn't end until almost 4 in the morning. Pongers are hard-core!

No comments: