Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Road trip! (my first one)

It's official - I'm King of the Road. We just got back from 7 days of good ol' American gas-guzzling and burger-eating fun. Well, I didn't get to eat any burgers but I did get to try some new foods like smashed up baked potato and bits of provolone cheese. On the second day of our trip I got to see my second cousin Henry for the second time. He's 5 days older than me so its fun to compare notes with him. On the third through the fifth day I got to spend time with my cool, purple-haired cousin Rhiannon and her family. We enjoyed some neat thunderstorms and some fireworks and some great relaxation time. I enjoyed playing with rocks and sticks at the lake near Grandma Deb's while the dogs fetched logs and Daddy helped Rhiannon fine-tune her swimming and rock-skipping skills. On the way home from Grandma Deb's I bagged my second and third National Parks: Yellowstone and Grand Teton. I liked the scenery but could have done without the mosquitoes. Daddy and I got home this afternoon after dropping Mommy off at work. We got everything unloaded, I said hello to my toys, and Daddy pushed me in the stroller to the post office to get the mail. After 6 days on the road I'm glad to be back home and sleeping in my cozy crib. As you might expect I have lots of photos to share with you.

3 comments:

Leanna said...

What a fun trip - so many beautiful photos. I can see why you were pouting yesterday!

rakal said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had a great time. Love all the pics!

Karen Lynn said...

Oh it all looks so beautiful! Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful pictures! Gavin you big guy!
love, nicki