Monday, November 19, 2007

Another hike and other fun stuff

Everyone thinks I just sleep and eat all the time but I've been busy! I went for my second hike a couple of days ago. Dad found us a new place to go where we can climb up a ridge and see the Wellsvilles (the mountains on the west side of Cache Valley) to the west and Paradise (a town in southern Cache Valley that's as pretty as it sounds) to the east. Joie and Brody got really excited when they flushed a Hungarian partridge. The rest of us just enjoyed the chance to get some fresh air and enjoy the mild temperatures before the wintry weather hits.
Mom and dad are relaxing a little about me having visitors. I've had the pleasure of meeting my Aunt Brooke & Uncle Ken, Grandma Debby, Grampa Dale & Gramma Cheryl, Tom & Paula, Sarah, Hart & Buffy, Sean & Emily, and Leanna. The mailman continues to bring me boxes with fun stuff from well-wishing family and friends, and friends & neighbors have been keeping us fully stocked with baked goods and the occasional dinner. Today I went for my first ride in the stroller. We walked to the Hyrum Library to pay the fines mom racked up because her books came due when we were still at the hospital, and then we stopped at the Bear Creek Bakery for lunch and to order our Thanksgiving rolls. Some day I'll have teeth and stuff like that will be more interesting. Overall I think we're all doing great. Mom and Dad are kinda tired, but that's to be expected, right?

4 comments:

rakal said...

Looks like you three are having fun! Cant wait to meet the littlest Chard. We'll wait patiently. Nothing like storming the chard house with all of our germ infested munchkins! Meanwhile we'll sit at home and poke at our little one.
Great job! Keep it up... only 18 more years to go! Hee hee hee!
Raecale : )

ginadog said...

I love this site! How fun to see what you guys are up to! I can't believe he's already been on my hikes than me this fall. Sheesh! Mom and dad look great too!
~Shannon

Donald W Wood said...

Hey Gavster! You're looking great but what have you done to your daddy? He looks like he is ready to pass out.

LOVE
Papa

~~~ Gavin ~~~ said...

Papa is very astute. He must not remember how the first several weeks of life are for newborns. Mommy and daddy have been tag-teaming my feedings (when all I ate was the bottle) and trying to stay up with me to let the other sleep. It's a good day if I let either one get at least 4 hours of sleep at a time. But, that's what I'm supposed to do and I don't feel bad at all about it. The funny pictures of my daddy and mommy (of course the mommy photos stay off the Blog) say it all about how it is!!!