Friday, November 16, 2007

I went for a hike! And then the next day...


I went for my first hike with mom and dad and the dogs on Thursday November 15th. We explored the foothills at the mouth of Blacksmith Fork Canyon, not far from our house. The dogs were VERY excited to finally be getting some fresh air and real exercise. Daddy carried me the whole time in my Baby Belle. I would tell you more about it but I was asleep for most of it. Today (the 16th) we went into town to meet with a lactation consultant (she said I was doing really well and would be getting the hang of the breastfeeding thing soon - but I already knew that), and then for my 2-week checkup with Dr. Firth. I gained almost a half pound since last week! I was really proud of myself for a minute but the next thing I knew I was being poked with a needle to numb my little wee wee and SNAP - I got circumcised. Dang, that hurt! And then they had the nerve to prick my heel and take my blood for yet another battery of "routine" tests. Good thing my rough delivery prepared me for this kind of adversity. Dr. Firth told mom I'm "tough as nails". Aaw, yeah.

3 comments:

Karen Lynn said...

You guys are so stinkin' cute, I love the website! -nicki

Emily Perry said...

I am so happy for the two of you! Gavin is absolutely gorgeous, (of course, I'm not surprised). Matt and I will be crashing in on you one of these days to meet your beautiful baby, in the mean time, I'll be watching for more pictures! Love, Emily

Unknown said...

Looks like the Chard Family is right back at it after having a baby. It's great to see that you are already exposing Gavin the the wonderful outdoors. How long till he's fly fishing? Emily and I are both looking forward to more photos and stories.