Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My first snow!

Not that I really noticed, but yesterday was the first snowfall of the season. We didn't get to make snowmen or anything. Didn't even go outside. What a rip-off. Yesterday was also the first day that Dad had to go back to work. He's been working from home some over the last 3 weeks but the time came for him to get back to the real world while Mom and I stay hunkered down at home. Today she and I went to the grocery store, which seemed like a big deal since it was the first time we ventured out into the world without backup support from Dad. I was a perfect angel (it helped that she fed and changed me right before we left) and didn't fuss at all until we were 1 block from home. Mom is encouraged by the success of our mission and might even try it again tomorrow with the carwash as our destination. Nana and Papa are coming for a visit soon and our car is FILTHY inside and out!

2 comments:

Peggy Wood said...

Nana and Papa don't require you to get a car wash - especially in winter - but maybe it will make you happier. I got a car wash the other day, only to have a huge flock of birds shower me with splatter yesterday. You'll like birds, Gavin, but don't look straight up at them.

Peggy Wood said...

One more thing, Gavin. Don't be afraid of the car wash - especially the kind you ride through. Your Mom was very afraid when she was small like you, but she's a girl, after all.